• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for steady for Myford ML10

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They do come up on ebay UK from time to time. Just have to keep watching for them.

Thank you for the replies. As far as I can assess, the ML7 steadies will not fit the ML10. Will keep watching eBay UK because here in Australia, nothing has come up the last 2 years. Regards

Hi Gus
Yes, I have thought of that. Seeing that I have been looking out for some time to buy these items without success, I will have to go that way. Do you have dimensions that you perhaps want to share?
Regards

making a fixed or travelling steady is straight forward.Dont think Gus has the ML10.So it will have to be made to lathe dims.My first lathe was the Ml10
from memory the lathe has large dovetail way which will be easy to fabricate
the centre height will be to suit the lathe,the fingers can be brass or skate bearings.I have seen quite a few threads recently.Go for it it will be a very interesting excercise.Please post a thread.Maybe a joint design input Regards Barry

Model Engineers Workshop magazine issue 234 (about three months ago) ran an article on making a fixed steady for a Warco 220. As luck has it the 220 has the same/very similar type of dovetail bed ways as the ML10 so should be easily adapted. I think you can buy back issues/articles from the Model Engineer website, or maybe at Newsstand.co.uk

Yes, waste of time looking for Myford stuff on Fleabay Oz. Very rarely much comes up except the occasional complete lathe. And when they do, prices are so high that you might as well buy from eBay UK and pay the postage costs. And ML10 stuff is even rarer in Oz than ML7 etc

Latest posts

Back