Linford two stroke

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting closer

image.jpg

Hi Dave,
Take it easy.There is really no dateline to meet.
Gus is also trying very hard to ignore the imaginary dateline on the H&M Engine. Now cleaning up and putting engine together. I have 2 litres of Petrol and some 2T oil on standby.

The diving chambers look very intimidating.How do they past time after their daily chores. 20 odd days in the chamber is no joke. They must be highly paid for the dangerous job. Does the rough seas bother them?

Bar Stocks can be bought from Hiap Leong in custom cut lengths. Hiap Leong is located at the Lavender Street end
of King George Avenue. Cutting tools can be bought from Sing Huat Hardware at the Lavender street end of Jalan Besar. Engilish not a problem.

Take care.

Hi Dave,
Take it easy.There is really no dateline to meet.
Gus is also trying very hard to ignore the imaginary dateline on the H&M Engine. Now cleaning up and putting engine together. I have 2 litres of Petrol and some 2T oil on standby.

The diving chambers look very intimidating.How do they past time after their daily chores. 20 odd days in the chamber is no joke. They must be highly paid for the dangerous job. Does the rough seas bother them?

Bar Stocks can be bought from Hiap Leong in custom cut lengths. Hiap Leong is located at the Lavender Street end
of King George Avenue. Cutting tools can be bought from Sing Huat Hardware at the Lavender street end of Jalan Besar. Engilish not a problem.

Yes Gus I need to slow down, big problem that has improved with age but still need to be kept under control, good luck with your engine, I'm sure it will run just fine.

The diving chambers are horrible, very cramped and damp I could not live in there for a month, I don't like when I have to go in to repair something, the guys have wireless Internet and they sleep a lot, very scary for them when's the seas are rough, because they cannot come out, at the depth their at now it takes a week to decompress, there is a special chamber that can be launched in the event of fire or sinking, but as you say they get paid unbelievable amounts.

Thanks for the metal suppliers, I will check them, bar stock in Thailand is very expensive, I haven't got much done the last couple of days, been kept busy with compressor and other equipment breakdowns.

Dave

Not much done last few day, some small parts made, decided to produce frame sections so I can start to put some parts together.

Dave

image.jpg

Yes Gus all made onboard, struggling a bit with the small Sherline, I'm really stretching it size capabilitys.

Dave

Sailing back to Singapore, time for me to get some work one.

image.jpg

Reactions: gus
Coming together, the belt is far to slack, will have to make a larger idler, dont know why I'm sure everything is as the drawing, I'm finished for the day now will check it out tomorrow.

image.jpg

Reactions: gus
Hi guys

It's been a while, I been so busy with a building project I got going on at home, now back on the vessel at mini machine shop set up again, got the cylinder finished today.

image.jpg

Hi all

So this is where I am at, sorry I haven't posted earlier, the vessel I am on has. Very slow Internet connection and it also has been down for week, I'm ready for my go vat trying to get it to start, wish me luck and I will update soon on how it goes!!!!

Dave

image.jpg

Dave--beautiful engine. Looks a great deal like my opposed piston engine stood on its end. I will be interested in seeing it run.--Brian

Hi Dave,
Looks like you have a great engine running. Can't wait to see your running engine post.

Dry spell now in Singapore with no rain for 3 weeks.Fishing biting. Hooked up some rod benders yesterday.

Back