Linford two stroke

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luckily that scored part is soldered inside the tank and will never be seen again.

image.jpg

This engine is going to be beautiful,
Ask let successfully.
What do you think of Thailand?
What's Bangkok like?

Couple of more small pieces made today, again very time consuming.

Gurus I love living in Thailand, beats he UK easy, however I really don't like Bangkok.

image.jpg

This is the air inlet valve for the vapor carburetor. Still requires a small air inlet hole milling into it.

Dave

image.jpg

Ok guys, I am now in Singapore, mini machine shop all packed in cases an brought with me, I am on my vessel which will be my home for the next two months, probably won't be able to set up shop for about another week or so, once thing have calmed down a bit, always very busy when you first come onboard getting everything ready for the project.

Dave

Ok guys, I am now in Singapore, mini machine shop all packed in cases an brought with me, I am on my vessel which will be my home for the next two months, probably won't be able to set up shop for about another week or so, once thing have calmed down a bit, always very busy when you first come onboard getting everything ready for the project.

Dave

Hi Dave,
Is your ship tied alongside at Loyang for two months for refitting?

Landed two rod bending Snappers. Could have taken more but rainy season
makes the fish scarce.

Hi Gus

My ship is currently in Jurong, leaving soon for sea trials after a refit then back to Loyang to fit all the equipment on deck, then sail to Myanmar(Burma) to fix a broken oil pipe line. Gus do you know if you can buy Coleman fuel in Singapore? Well done with the fishing, did they taste nice!!!!!!'

Dave

image.jpg

Last edited:
I would think that you can buy Coleman fuel, also known as Naptha gas, also known as White gas, in just about any nation.

Thanks Brian

I had a quick scout around yesterday and could not find any gasoline onboard, so thought I would buy a small tin of Coleman fuel, if I manage to complete the engine this trip then I just couldn't stand having no fuel to try and start it.

Dave

Reactions: gus
When do you will have new news for us?

Currently sailing to Myanmar, I still have a lot of equipment to set up on deck and test before we get there, once everything is running OK and the divers are in the chamber, then I will get some free time and can set up my portable machine shop at get back at it, probably another week.

Dave

Thanks Cogsy, I'm a beginner myself, I'm undecided if to use transfer punches or not.

Dave

I use transfer punch whenever possible:D

I usually punch one hole drill it put a bolt in it so it want move
and punch the rest after,:cool:

I have been doing just as Luc has but on my latest build (the Rupnow Hit and Miss) the plans are that well dimensioned that I've been experimenting with drilling holes using the dials on my mill. I have to say, so far, the holes match up even better than using transfer punches and provided I'm careful, my parts line up perfectly too.

For something like a bolt circle, I keep returning the mill (via the dials) back to a known reference point between holes, rather than calculating from the previous hole. My thinking is that if I mess up a dimension on one hole, it won't throw all the rest out as well.

This method has also made me feel a bit more like an actual machinist as well :). Good luck with your build and happy sailing!

Currently sailing to Myanmar, I still have a lot of equipment to set up on deck and test before we get there, once everything is running OK and the divers are in the chamber, then I will get some free time and can set up my portable machine shop at get back at it, probably another week.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Take care. The SW is still blowing and the seas there a bit rough. Been fishing in Southern Burma nearby Kawthaung. Feb,March about best time with mirror calm seas.

Hi Dave,

Take care. The SW is still blowing and the seas there a bit rough. Been fishing in Southern Burma nearby Kawthaung. Feb,March about best time with mirror calm seas.

Thanks Gus

Seas are pretty rough and we are not there yet, should arrive tomorrow, hope fully the weather will calm down and we can get some work done.

Dave

OK guys so the guys are in the chamber, everything is working so I can set up shop and start making some parts, for those of you that may be interested the orange sphere is a diving bell and the silver chamber behind it is where the guys will live for he next 28 days, when they dive they transfer to the bell and are lowered to the seabed they open the bottom door and go out to work, depth here is 142 meters and the stay down for 8-10 hours.

image.jpg

So I decided to start on the conrods, this stuff really is to big for the poor little Sherline,

image.jpg

Another very slow process, hopefully will be finished by tomorrow and will post somemore pics.

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back