• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Lathe and Mill for Sale - UK

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrewCab

Reaction score
Due to the fact I’ve replaced both my lathe and Mill with bigger / heavier items I have for sale a lathe and a Mill, I would be much happier for them to go to one of the forum members than eBay, so I’m offering them here first.

I have been hanging on to them as my eldest son was showing an interest but it looks like he's not wanting to pursue that at the present ................ so .................. if anyone is interested...........

Firstly, I’m in the UK, in West Yorkshire.

The Lathe is a Chester 9x20 which is fine except for some flaking paint here and there, no real change from standard though I have fitted a 4 bolt compound clamp to the top slide and drip feed oilers to the head bearings in place of the press button oilers. It’s pretty much as described in the current Chester catalouge, it’s complete with the stand and all the standard accessories.

Chester 9x20

Here’s the actual lathe

515e_1.jpg

5db6_1.jpg

The Mill is a Sieg X2, with a few additions ………. "OK, it's fully loaded"

LMS Belt Drive Kit
LMS Air Spring with longer Z Axis Travel
”X” Axis Power Feed
Full 3 Axis DRO

There are a few threads about me fitting these with plenty of pictures if anyone wants more information, here’s a picture for now (before the power feed was fitted).

DSCF3699.jpg

Both Mill and Lathe are in fine condition and full working order, but perhaps requiring a clean, something I’ll get to ………….

Any further info required please don’t hesitate to get in touch, and we can discuss price.

PM me with a telephone number or for contact details if you want to have a chat.

CC …………….. aka …………. Dave

Just a quick update, the lathe has now been sold, the Mill is still available.

CC

Latest posts

Back