Jemma 7 cylinder

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starnovice

Reaction score
Has anyone seen a build thread for the Jemma 7 cyl radial that was featured in Strictly IC several years ago. I am starting a build and was looking for pitfalls.

Thanks
Pat

I personally do not know of anybody who has built one but there are a few pictures of Jemma 7's over at the model engine news website. Maybe troll around there and see if you can find some names of people who have built one.

Suggest web searching 'Jemma radial', brings up a couple of photo's and places where a couple have been built.

floridaAME site has a gentleman who has started on two of them. A PM to him, he stated so far the plans were spot on. I considered starting on a Jemma, but after building the 1/6 scale Kinner from Stricly I.C. plans, it was time for something different.

If anyone considers the 1/6 scale Kinner, there are MULTIPLE errors and a design flaws found on the Strictly I.C. plans which needs to be addressed.

I started Jemma. I have the crankcase mostly done, including the front and back covers. I also made part of the crankshaft, and tried to cut a cam on my CNC but I had a real junk piece of steel and the finish was to bad to use.

I think Jemma is one of the best looking radials and would like to finish mine someday. I found the plans great for all the parts I did.

Go for it, I think it will make a fine model.

Well, I am going to go for it. I will try to do a build thread but I tend to forget to take pictures.

Thank you all for the input.

Pat

Latest posts

Back