It just followed me home honey

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d-m

Reaction score
Now what am I going to do ??? I haven't really gotten it home yet that was going to be my mission today but the weather god's snowed on me and even at only 26 miles I'm going to wait.

DSC001301.jpg

Looks like things are shaping up! ;D

Cool find!

still a little sleepy I should have added this was a freeby :big:

d-m

TOOL ENVY - PRICE ENVY............ You've given me both..............Lovely Xmas present.

Best Regards
Bob

That's a pretty impressive chunk of iron. Nice find.

Chuck

Great find, going to love playing on them, I have a SB, Atlas,Craftsman and a 36" HD Cincinnati (don't have it in my shop yet) they make such a great sound, good luck, this is some jaw vises that I was making for a new Wilton vise with two broken jaws
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3gox17t5iE[/ame]

I think I need to thank cedge for letting me hang out with him after his haul last week

There I was..... just standing there fat, dumb, and happy

d-m said:
There I was..... just standing there fat, dumb, and happy

Excellent find! :bow: I think the shaper is a machine that's gone away without a direct replacement.

d-m, nice find! Can't beat the price, either.

Lathe Nut, thanks for the vid. There is still a shop in town here that runs one. They sure are an interesting machine to watch, and can do a lot of operations that a guy wouldn't think of right off the bat.

Dean

Hi all
Well yesterday I picked up the shaper not able to find a trailer I took the topper off my old Toyota P/U just to prove how tough it is. Well it knew that it had something in it but it made the trip without groaning too much. Just slipping every thing under the garage door I warmed it up and started the unloading, much to my surprise my cherry picker would only grunt! Time to call in reinforcements my friend down the block has a case track loader and that was the ticket. He arrived about dark and lifted it out and set it on the shop floor the wife and I got rollers under it and moved it into the light so I could start cleaning. I pulled the ram and cleaned and re lubed looked it over and reinstalled the ram sprayed and cleaned and wiped for a few hours. Everything looked good so I looked at the motor plate thinking that I would need to run off my phase converter and what to my surprise 220 single phase. I promptly got out my welder cord checked the connection and shoved the wires in the plug she came to life motor sounding good. I hooked up the belts and tried again 20 min latter it was making chips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never get this lucky cant wait to get her into her spot and leveled up and wired properly.

woohoo1

DSCF01981.png

DSCF01981.png

ha ha i had an old toyota pickup that thing hauled a lot of stuff had it loaded and i do mean loaded about two tons of pipe. when you started to drive the front wheels would come off the ground drove that thing about 20 miles very scary but it had to be done. so they are very capable trucks a buddy of mine hit a tree with it so had to bury it(the truck not buddy) any way nice find there and free too what could be better. wish i had picks of that load on the truck it was great

man thats a good find and will come in really handy

Latest posts

Back