Is this a good deal from wholesale tools??

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldncrusty

Reaction score
Mini Machine Combo Packages (WT)

Package features a mini mill and drill machine and a precision mini table lathe, with choice of 3MT or R8 spindles. Combines two of our popular WT mini machines with a great price. Mini mill and drill is variable speed, and the lathe has a 1/2-horsepower motor and is UL approved.
969.00 plus shipping,,,

j

anybody have any of these??

What's the web address for this company? It sounds like a good deal.
Thanks Boot

Compare with the Grizzly or Harbor Freight they look like the same machines offered there. I have the Harbor Freight mini-mill . I like it, BUT have replaced the gear beneath the motor when I hit the top of my vise smashing it while lowering the head. I also replaced the spring mechanisim that counter balanced the head . That was the cause of my wreck. It will run a little smoother when I replace the gears with belt and pullies that Little Machine Shop out in Calif. sells. That is the other deciding factor when buying these 2 machines.
Make the comparison. I like the R-8 spindle. The lathe should have MT2 or 3 for best usage.
Sorry about the double post. I wouldn' t want you to make a mistake.
Boot

The machines you are looking at are basic SEIG (Shanghai Engineering Industries Group ) mini machines the mill is an x-2 the lathe is I think a c2 or c3 not sure. These are more or less the same machines sold by most importers . These are popular machines for what we do and basically the machines I started with and have. These machine have been in production for years so the quantity has improved.
These machines do have some minor design flaws. there are two ways to overcome this 1 buy the machines and do the upgrades. or two buy improved factory upgraded models from a premium importer such as Littlemachinshop.com or Micromark. Or just deal with the inconveniences.
The mill runs much nicer with a belt drive quieter and smoother cuts. And wider rpm range.
the lathe has 10" center to center this same lathe comes in 12" and 14" ctc versions.
Another improvement to the better machines are metal drive gears on the lathe instead of plastic and they have 500 watt motors instead of 350s.
I recommend you at least look at the LMS and MM offerings before you buy. May be more than you want to spend. Your $$ your decision.
IIRC about $400 more for the lms machines and $500 for MM
those two same machines from Harbor freight current price $1100 so yes they are a good deal.
Tin

Latest posts

Back