introduction

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris

Reaction score
Greetings All; Please forgive me for posting before I introduced myself. My name is Chris i live in southern New jersey ,Approx 1/2 way between Philadelphia and Atlantic city. I have been a heavy equipment mechanic for almost 40 years working for the Philia based Caterpillar dealer for the bulk of that time
I have a small shop which includes a Logan lathe Model 1825,an older Jet bench mill also most of the appropriate hand tools etc. In addition to that I also have a 7.25 gauge 1.5 scale locomotive, 4.75 gauge 1'' scale locomotive both are coal fired I am in the planning stages of switching the 1" sale to propane firing. I also have a scale mill engine with boiler and what is possibly the only remaining Judco gasoline engine. ( the only reason I say th only remaining is because I have never seen or heard of another. It could also possibly be a prototype
I am in the process of moving my shop from the garage to a 24x8 shed . If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask
Chris

Welcome to the forum Chris, I did the same thing when I first signed on - no harm done & thanks for posting your intro.

We love pictures - show us your locos etc.

What on earth is a Judco gasoline engine ?

Ken

Welcome Chris....ooooooh locos!! We definitely need to see those ;D. Happy you found the site, it sounds like you will fit right in here too!! Goos luck with the shop move, and please keep us posted on that as well.

Bill

Chris,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Glad to hear from you Chris, and welcome. Pictures! YES! The more the better, we would all love to see the images of your near-future shop as well as your one-of-a-kind engine. It would give us all something to talk about and critique ;D (just kidding) Not to mention your locos. You actually own two? Good lord man, what a terrific source of enjoyment they must provide.

don't be a stranger

BC1
Jim

Greetings and welcome to the forum Chris, hope your new shed is gonna be well heated! :D
Stew

Welcome!
We need all the Jersey Boys we can get here.
Mosey ( native Jersey Boy. now west Jersey)

wEc1 welcome to the forum Chris.

Regards Don

Latest posts

Back