Intoduction

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E Chris

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My name is Chris DiNardo and I live in Springfield,Illinois. I have been interested in model engineering since the early 1970's. Machine tools, tooling, steam engines, live steam railroading, hot air, and gasoline engines are some of my interests. In my shop I have a Logan lathe, Ames horiz./vertical mill, Atlas shaper, Boley WW lathe, Powermatic drill press, and a Delta band saw.

Some of my projects have been: A 7.5" gage vertical boiler Shay locomotive and rolling stock. A 1/4 scale model of a Stuart 10 V with a 3/16" bore and stroke. A half scale version of Philip Duclos' "Odds and Ends" gasoline engine with 1/2" bore and 11/16" stroke. Another "O&E" engine with 5/16" bore and 3/8" stroke. A small swing-type tool and cutter grinder. A Quorn T&C grinder is in progress.

It is truly a joy to find such a group of talented friendly people that share a fairly obscure hobby. I will post some pictures in the near future.

Chris

Welcome Chris. Looking forward to seeing pictures and videos of your collection. wEc1

Rudy

Wecome to the forum Chris.
I lived in Champaign for about 15 years.
I'm really looking forward to seeing your pictures.

Welcome, Chris. Glad to see another new member with the experiences that you have. I'm a newbie and look forward to your projects.

I was born and raised in Sycamore. It's up around Dekalb and Rockford.

Again, welcome!

Ed

Chris,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Latest posts

Back