Homebuilt Panbrake

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ausdier

Reaction score
Just a little something I have been working on.
A home built Panbrake with minimal welding and able to do up to 600 wide and 1.6 thick (maybe thicker with testing)
When I get time to do the workshop drawings I will post the complete plans for this.
Cheers.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

Would be super intrested in this Can't wait for the drawings :p :p :p

Great project. Looking forward to this build.

Looks like a good solid version. Can't wait to see the real thing. As they say in the cooking shows, here is one I prepared earlier! It is not as strong in the clamping area as yours and is only 450mm wide. This one was built without drawings, just from memory of a large one we had where I used to work. The base is a piece of 100x50mm channel iron. I had the top surface ground off and everything else just bolts on. It gets put in the bench vise when I want to use it.
Ian.

brake 001.jpg

brake 002.jpg

Looks great Ian.
You should put some drawings up as I am sure there would be a lot of people who would only need a smaller folder for what they need to do.
I also have a heavier version of one I modeled while I was waiting for my CNC classes at TAFE.
Cheers and keep up the great work.

PRESS 1.jpg

REAL PRESS.jpg

Latest posts

Back