Holiday in Spain - Model Engineering?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevincoxshall

Reaction score
We are off to Spain for 2 weeks, driving down and staying in the mother in laws flat (luckily she is not coming). I'm sure it will be fun.

Is our hobby or any steam rallies in Spain?

Kevin

Where in Spain are you staying? My sister just finished a semester abroad and was in Seville.

We were in Estepona which is between Marbella and Gibralter. Spain is in rather a poor state financially at the moment. There a no street lights on the roads, lots of shops closed, empty or closing. Lots of Ferraris in Peurto de Venus and big fat motor yachts :)

My sister saw quite a few protest.

Were there any in your area?

This old Aussie and the love of his life are off on a tour of Canada & Alaska for about 3 weeks.

Bye for now,
Ian(seagar).

This old Aussie and the love of his life are off on a tour of Canada & Alaska for about 3 weeks.

Bye for now,
Ian(seagar).

Ian

Nice to see that your coming to visit. You say that your going to Alaska. That makes me think that it will be Western Canada or British Columbia that you will be seeing in Canada. I'm in Southern Ontario myself. You'll have to let us know your itinerary so that all us Canadian's can wave as you go by or buy you a cupa.

Cheers :)

Don

We were in Estepona which is between Marbella and Gibralter. Spain is in
rather a poor state financially at the moment. There a no street lights on the
roads, lots of shops closed, empty or closing. Lots of Ferraris in Peurto de
Venus and big fat motor yachts :)

I live here in Fuengirola (between Marbella and Torremolinos),and although the economy is weak at the moment (as are many other countries), Kevin's outlook is rather bleak, it is not that bad, but generally speaking Spain is decades behind the techno age.
To answer the original post, no I don't know of any steam related, or model engineering clubs in the Malaga area.
Gordon

Back