Hi from Spain

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mawitö

Reaction score
Hi guys, i know i should done this sooner because i posted some replys without the proper introduction abaut myself.

I'm from south spain and a beginner in the machining world, my background is computer programming and IT guy (and summer stonemanson work <-- i dont know if this is correctly said)

I'm learning a lot from this forum just reading, and i hope to colaborete more.

Here are some pictures from my workshop, really modest right now and growing day by day.

this is my lathe.

and this is my milling machine for now.

Welcome Mawito Glad to have you . Yes alot can be learned here . We all love picture .I can learn more from 1 picture then a bunch of pages of type . Dale

Welcome aboard and jump right in, we like pictures and you did good on your intro. :bow:
You will find this a friendly & helpful forum.
Bill in SE Idaho

Hi Mawitö, wEc1

You have a nice lathe to start your hobby! I am a great enthusiast of lever feed tailstocks and do I see other bits and pieces in the background of your photos?

You didn't mention what type of engines are you interested in building: tell us more.

Jo

Thanks for the welcome :), Dr Jo you're right, well steampunk aesthetics is something that i like a lot and is what brougth me here in the first place, so i'll start with the some basic steam engine . i had this book for some time now and it's time to try some of this models.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1861267738/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

But reading this forum you get traped in a world full of beatufull engines and you end up liking steam even more, diesel and i think people here have even made petrol engines, so i'll try some more steam and i think i'll try a bolaero too or something like that, but that will come with time (haha i need more experience and tools).

About the pic, they are very crappy made with the phone i'll try to get better at that too.

Thanks for everything Mawito

Last edited by a moderator:
Mawitö,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Hi Mawitö
Welcome to the forum.
This is your milling M/c, many people started with just that type of set up, including some of the great masters of model engineering. th_wav

Hello welcome aboard. Love the mini lathe.

Brock

Latest posts

Back