Hi from Scotland

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanny

Reaction score
Hi
My name is Sandy and a newb to model engineering ;D
I have just purchased my first lathe which is a Grayson 3 1/2" which is about 60 years old, I'm hoping to get it up and running and started on a few projects.
After learning the basic on my lathe I'm going to make a oscillating engine........ so I'll be around bugging you all for some help and advice.

Cheers
Sanny

Sanny,
Welcome. It's a friendly and helpful place. There's a thread somewhere on here called "show us your lathe". I'd like to see what a small Grayson looks like.
Dennis

Welcome to the forum!
Great bunch here, and friendly, too.

Bug away. ;D

Sanny said:
I'll be around bugging you all for some help and advice.

That's why we're here Sandy ;D .......... welcome aboard

CC

wEc1 Sanny!

And like Vernon said: Great bunch here.
And from one newb to another - I think you made a good choice going for an oscillating engine for a start :) - do you have one in mind yet ?

Regards, Arnold

Oi from Oz Sandy - welcome!

Thanks for the welcome :bow:

4156df said:
Sanny,
Welcome. It's a friendly and helpful place. There's a thread somewhere on here called "show us your lathe". I'd like to see what a small Grayson looks like.
Dennis

Dennis not quite sure how to post a pic yet but will get 1 up as soon as i work i out ???

arnoldb said:
wEc1 Sanny!

And like Vernon said: Great bunch here.
And from one newb to another - I think you made a good choice going for an oscillating engine for a start :) - do you have one in mind yet ?

Regards, Arnold

Found this on the web and thought It would be a good starter http://www.steves-workshop.co.uk/steammodels/simpleoscil/simpleoscil.htm

Cheers
Sanny

G'day mate, welcome foom another Aussie.

Ian. Thm:

Welcome Sandy ask away we love anweing questions here if you are fortunate you may even get the right answers.
Tin

Sanny,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome.

Good to hear from a fellow countrymen.....about 350 years apart.. ;D

Dave

Hi Sandy, welcome to HMEM.

Chuck

Sanny,

Welcome. Keep us posted on your first build.

Bob

Latest posts

Back