Hi from Minnesota

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huse0054

Reaction score
Newbie here just saying hi. I have been lurking here and decide it was time to join and contribute. I am intrigued by "machining" and looking to learn as much as possible. I started building a flame engine a couple weeks ago, yes another flame engine :) and hope to have it completed and running next week. If time permits I will post a build log of my progress.

Hello, and welcome. I hope you'll post your build.
Dennis

Welcome to the forum neighbor. I think you will like it here. Tell us a little more about yourself & your projects.

Thanks for the warm welcome, I am a finance guy by day and am on the road a lot for work but secretly wish my occupation was an engineer/machinist. I have not completed any model engines yet but have rebuilt RC helicopter glow engines. I have no machining experience but am learning at a fairly rapid pace. Mostly from online sources, videos etc.. but also form my wife's grandfather who owned a machine shop for 30 + years. Its great to see all of the different builds on the forum and I hope to complete many in the future.

Oh and I did start a build post on the flame engine and will provide pictures and detailed build info when I get back home.

huse0054

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Your IP address shows that your computer may have been hijacked by a spammer :mad: I recommend you run a malware scan.

Best Regards
Bob

Thanks for the heads up, I am on a work computer so will let IT know. I do have all kinds of antivirus software on this thing so I think that is a positive!

Back