Hi from Italy!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ocean

Reaction score
Hi guys,

my name is Mauro, and I am writing from Italy. I am a young (23) student at the Faculty of Foreign Languages and Literatures in Bologna University. My passions apart from languages have been, and hopefully will forever be, submarines, mechanics and engines. I like model submarines, and am currently building one in 1/96th scale. Craftsmanship and mechanichal skills have always had a deep fascination on me. I hope to learn and become a "model-machinist" by studying what is available on the net and exchanging ideas on beautiful boards just like this one.

I still do not have a lathe, and have been searching for one for soooo long. Unfortunately, here in Italy the market for bench-sized machine tools is not very big, and I'll probably choose to get a Taig...if I don't find some way of shipping a Myford or similar lathe from England! ;D

In any case, it's my intention to try my hand at model engines. In think that working with metal is simply wonderful, and will surely be very useful for my future model submarines!

I am sure I will enjoy my membership here. Last but not least, it's one more chance to practice my english and perfect it. It's such a beautiful language, and I want to master it!

Ocean (Mauro)

Mauro

Welcome to HMEM. It is nice to hear of your goals regarding submarines and machine work. I Can appreciate that obtaining the required machines can sometimes be a difficult task. I believe that we have some other members on the board from Italy that may be able to help in that regard. I wish you well in your goals and if you have any questions just ask as their is always someone around to answer or at least give an opinion. :bow:

I am glad that you think well of the English language. You seem to have learned it very well. I wish that I had as good a grasp of it as you.

Cheers :)

Don

Welcome, Mauro.
Dennis

Welcome Mauro. Sounds like you will fit in here just fine.

Mauro,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Hi guys!

Thank you very much for all the replies...a truly hearty welcome on board! I'll try and do my best to support the forum and proceed with my projects...stay tuned. First step is finding a lathe...the search is still on!

Ocean

Ciao Mauro,
wEc1
Welcome to our forum.
You will find a lathe..be sure!!!!
Best regards
Paolo

Latest posts

Back