Hi all from OZ

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinkerer58

Reaction score
G'day everyone, been snooping around here for a while but have nothing to contribute yet, haven't been able to get into me shed for near on 2 years now. The missus has me doing to many house renos, yeah I don't mind building and working with wood, but metal is my passion. I'm starting to get closer to getting back into me shed, pulled our old kitchen out and put a new one in so now the old one is going into me shed, will make a great workshop with plenty of bench space and cupboard space as I'm a collector of tools. If it looks useful I'll buy it, don't know when or if I'll use it but I'm sure they'll be handy for some project some day. I'm sure you blokes out there understand what I'm sayin. I have a number of sheds, the firsts is 6 meters by 9 meters, the second is 12 x 8 meters, third 4x5 meters and fourth is 4x8 meters. Yeap you guest it they are all full. Antique stationary engines, antique mowers, bits and pieces of metal, pipe, timber, spare parts to rebuild mowers and engines. Then one shed for wood working and the other for metal working. The 2 big sheds are full of tools and machinery and a number of partly finished projects, like a 1/12th scale Victorian dolls house that is 2/3 complete, 14 mowers, 4 stationary engines, and bit of antique furniture for restoration, also 3 model engines that have been started but not finished. **** I wish I could afford to retire so I can get some work done but me last misus got all the doe so I gotta keep working LOL. Well that's me so hello everyone. Bloody great forum boys.

Thanks mate, where you from? Hope you can understand our lingo if your from overseas LOL

Welcome Tinkerer!!!!

Sounds like you have enough stuff to keep yourself out of trouble for a while!!!

Since you have admitted to snooping around the forum, you may have come across this:
th_wwp

Post some when you get a chance!!
I know i am having some shed and space envy!!!!

Andrew

Yeah in the next few months I'll have to put some stuff on Ebay to make some room so I can actually open the door to one of me shed and get in before spending an hour or 2 moving stuff to enter one of them LOL

Central Massachusetts in the US. No Worries mate....We've got many from OZ here!

I'm semi fluent.....unless Bez or Tel are posting... ::) ;D

Dave

Welcome tinkerer, great idea re-cycling the old kitchen, might help you to get your stuff organized! ;)
Stew

Here one of my projects from a couple of years ago

pistonpump before restore 1.JPG

pistonpump before restore 2.JPG

pistonpump before restore 3.JPG

pistonpump before restore 4.JPG

Tinkerer58,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Hi Tinkerer
Welcome, Love the restos!
Pete

steamer said:
I'm semi fluent.....unless Bez or Tel are posting... ::) ;D

Dave

Yeh G'donya Dave

Welcome Tinkerer. Thanks for the pix - a good thing for us the x didn't shoot through with your camera as well as all your wallet.

Bez

Welcome Tinkerer - don't pay no mind to Dave - he's sort of a mascot we keep round here.

Hey Metalmad, that pic of your lathe looks a lot like mine, I was gonna buy mine from Hafco until I saw the price tag, with DRO and suds it was nearly $7,000. So I did a bit of searching and homework and found where they were sourcing them from in China. I contacted China and had one shipped over complete with stand, DRO and suds total cost landed in Oz $2600. I was happy only had one small prob and that was the grub screw to offset the tail stock was seized with paint and ended up stripping the the hex head in it. Ended up having to drill it and use easyout to remove and replace it. Otherwise a great machine after a few adjustments. And also mine didn't come with the ankle biter LOL, I kicked all my five ankle biters out, they're old and ugly enough to look after themselves now. And man is it peaceful, have them young and get rid of them while you're young is my philosophy so you can enjoy life while you're still healthy.

Latest posts

Back