Hi all from OZ

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Tinker
$2600 brand new with a DRO
what a steal, mine cost me $800 and it wasn't working.
About the Rugrat, I'm gutless and put it off till the last moment :big:
kind of make my engines the same way LOL
Pete

Hey can't complain for 800 bucks, and getting it working is the fun part, I love rebuilding and restoring. I'm not a qualified machinist or anything like that, spent 25 years of my working life as an electronics engineer, and the last 15 in the bearing industry and currently studying mechanical engineering which includes fitting and machining. Everything I have learnt has been through trial and error. I always figure if a human has made it, I can fix it and also make it. That is why I love restoration work, but now I have run out of room for the big stuff my plans are to get original historic engines and built em to scale, and hopefully do my own castings as well. I have finished doing my Autocad course and currently doing Inventor so I can model and scale my engines and hopefully put all the parts together on computer to see if it will all work. And when I can afford to retire hope to sell some castings to fund my hobby. Well that's the plan but you can bet ya bottom dollar some bastard will come along and stuff it up LOL. So for now I'll just keep on dreaming.

tel said:
Welcome Tinkerer - don't pay no mind to Dave - he's sort of a mascot we keep round here.
:big:

Lova ya Man!..... ;D

Hi Tinkerer, I understand the Shedlock problem, I have a mate with the same trouble. I am just waiting for him to die so I can get some of the beaut stuff he has salted away in there. :big:

BTW love those pumps and the engine.

Jim

Hey guys how you all doing?? Guess what Easter was great got to spend 4 days in the shed and finally got it sorted woohoo1
I'll if I can remember how to post bloody pics now, been a couple of months since I was on last, boy how time flies.
The recycled kitchen worked a treat, the left hand open cupboard is my little spray painting booth, all it needs is and old range hood with charcoal filter to draw the fumes and overspray. Next project when I get some time. LOL

WS1.jpg

WS2.jpg

WS3.jpg

WS4.jpg

Latest posts

Back