Help finding plans for flame eaters,lickers,gulpers,burpers

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spot4020

Reaction score
I ran across a model engine kit on the internet and love the look of it. It is a German flame licker that looks like a hit and miss.
Here is a link
http://www.bengs-modellbau.com/materialkits/flameeater/flameeaterthebignick.php

I am a toolmaker/machinist and have been around steam / gas engines all of my life so it this is not new to me. I am looking for plans for it and other flame lickers so I can make the whole thing myself in a smaller version. I don't want to spend the $400.00 to measure premade pieces and shrink them. I have attached a picture too.

ff140_579.jpg

I used to have the plans for an engine I made several years ago, I'll see if I can dig them up (there's no copyright). It has a single flywheel and is about 7" long as I recall. It's all made from simple bar stock. I never actually got mine to run, I should find it and try again.

Hi.
Why don´t you order the plans only?
You should get them for 25€.Just ask Mr. Bengs.He´s a helpfull and nice guy.
Cheers,Ralph

[
Xlmyford said:
Hi.
Why don´t you order the plans only?
You should get them for 25€.Just ask Mr. Bengs.He´s a helpfull and nice guy.
Cheers,Ralph
I didn' see the contact at the bottom of the page. I will give him an e-mail right now. Thanks

I was also looking for others on the plans page here becase they are always called something different in different countries.
I like more of the replicas of actual machines used back when also. If anyone knows of any.

Latest posts

Back