Hello

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gpcoe

Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Greg and I just joined this forum. I live in New Hampshire and I've been a machinist going on about six years now. I've completed a degree in Machine Tool Technology and I work for a job shop doing cnc milling. I work with mostly Haas equipment, do some five axis stuff and I am a beginner programmer.

Some of the older gents around here may have known my Grandfather, Lloyd (Jim) Butler. He has been an inspiration for me getting into machining small engines. After his passing several years back I acquired his mill and a lot of plans for his various engines and others he acquired over the years. I'm currently working on the Kinner K5 which he had been building when I was younger. That one stuck out to me and unfortunately had been sold at one point or another and I never really got to see it completed. On one of my later visits with him before he passed, I found one of the Strictly I.C. with the K5 on the cover. He let me keep it and I've been going ever since. Some of you who didn't know him may recognize his "Kitty Hawk" engine from one of the covers of Strictly I.C. (don't remember which one).

Anyway, I'm glad to be a part of the group and check out other peoples fabulous work. I'm particularly interested in any model engineering or small engine trade shows in the New Hampshire area. I know there are some, but I haven't had very good luck getting specific information about when and where they are as I don't know the names of any of them.

Thanks Guys

Greg

Welcome to the forum Greg.
I'd be real happy to see some pics of your work.

zeeprogrammer said:
Welcome to the forum Greg.
I'd be real happy to see some pics of your work.

If you go to "a work in progress" under Kinner K5, I posted some pics.

Greg

gpcoe said:
If you go to "a work in progress" under Kinner K5, I posted some pics.

Ah yes! I saw those. I didn't make the connection.

The finish on those parts look great.

Thanks for pointing me back to them.

Welcome to the forum.

I'm sure your grandfather would be very proud.

Greg

Welcome and glad to see that you joined up to HMEM. I have been following your thread on the Kinner K5 and it looks very impressive. I think that your Grandfather would be proud of you for what you have done to date. If you have any questions just ask, there is always someone around to answer or at least give an opinion. Best of luck with your future projects. :bow:

Cheers *beer*

Don

Latest posts

Back