Hello to all! :)

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kmot

Reaction score
I am a hobbyist and I build radio controlled model aircraft and boats. I am slowly learning to machine small bits and hope to build an engine from plans one day. In the meantime I love to look at and read about the builds that others have done or are working on.

Cheers!
-Tom Keliher
-Northridge, CA

PS: A big thanks to the owner and moderators who cleared up a software problem so that I could get in! :)

Welcome Kmot wEc1, I see that you experienced some difficulty getting registered but am glad to see that our admins. were on top of it and corrected the snafu. I am sure that you will find HMEM to be a fun place to hang out. We'd like to hear about what you are currently working on and do not hesitate to ask any questions that you may have, there is a wealth of information to be had here from all different skill levels, so jump in and enjoy yourself.

BC1
Jim

Welcome,Tom,this is a great place to learn about engines.
I too am a former killer of balsa wood trees :big:,but all i got left now is a Limbo Dancer 3d plane.I lost my flying patch,so I only have a fly in a local reserve once in a while.
I have instead turned to boats,and have a steam launch under construction.

A lot of folks here are or have been into R/C. I have many years in that hobby, joined the AMA back in '75. Given the cost of R/C hardware these days it follows that this hobby of model engine machining can save more than a few bucks when applied to R/C.

Be sure to post some pics of some of your projects. Oh, we'll also need to see your shop... ;D

Remember, if you didn't take pics, it didn't happen.....

-Trout

And if it didn't happen, make something up. Rof}

BC1
Jim

Good to see you got thru at last - glad to be able to help and welcome!

Tom,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Thank you all for the warm welcome! :)

Since you asked, th_wwp

tomorrow I will post some photos of the various models I have built and the engines I have customized. You may regret asking! lol... :hDe:

Welcome Tom. Looking forward to the pics as well :)

Bill

Okay, here goes! I will break it up into multiple posts.

First, some engines I have customized:

Saito .45 MkII 030resized.jpg

res138.jpg

res080.jpg

res110.jpg

Should I stop now? Or do you want to see some boats? :big:

Kmot

Don't stop now, your on a roll. Show us the boats and anything else that you think the group might be interested in. I am sure that there will be lots of questions later from the members. What you have showed so far is awesome. Thanks. :bow: :bow:

Cheers :)

Don

Okie Dokie. ;)

Pat, the paint is called "hammer tone".

Okay, some of my boats:

res053.jpg

Blizzard New Paint 004resized.jpg

t7 res.jpg

res513.jpg

Okay, I think that is enough for now. ;)

Yes Pat, I have painted and detailed all the models and engines.

Thanks fella's.

Back