Hello all!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pyro

Reaction score
Hello, brand new to the community here.

My name is Jason, and I’m 19 from Corona, CA. I’m pretty much obsessed with anything to do with cars, engines, anything of the sort.

My dad and I have a small machine shop, which he pulled me into when my high school was shut down due to Covid. He taught me how to run the CNC mill he had, and I eventually taught myself how to program it. Now we have a 5 axis CNC, which is the one I run, and my dad runs the good ol’ 3 axis. It’s super fun to play with on the weekends when we’re not working.

Anyway, I’ve been obsessing over the idea of machining my own ICEs, especially multi cylinders and wankels. But of course, as someone who hasn’t done it before, there’s a lot I need to learn before giving it a shot.

So that’s why I’m here, to steal all of your guys’ wisdom :)

Thanks for reading, and I’m looking forward to being a part of the community here!

Jason

Hello Jason and welcome. I'm a little envious of your cnc machines even though I wouldn't have a clue about using one but, I am slowly picking up information.
My project at the moment is a 1/4 scale model of Henry Fords 1896 Quadricycle which has a two cylinder petrol engine which I am hoping will run despite the strange ignition system and carburettor.
I live about 3 miles from the very centre of England.
Brian

Latest posts

Back