Hello! I'm the new guy!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scootermcrad

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm a new guy and just wanted to introduce myself...

I'm fairly new to this whole machining thing, but metal working in general is NOT new to me. Been welding and building stuff since I was 11 and lately been playing around with hot rods a lot. But what brings me here is the love for old machining tools and the desire to learn more about machining in general. I've always thought it would be neat to build small engines and hope a small steamer will be in my future, but for now I would like to learn more about the tools I have and learn how to use them well making parts for my automotive projects.

Right now I have a 1958 S1 J-head Bridgeport, a tiny little Craftsman 109 mini lathe that needs gone through, and I just picked up a 10" Powr-Kraft (Logan 821 basically).

DSC03507.jpg

IMGP5149.jpg

lathe2.jpg

I'm specifically hoping to learn more about the Powr-Kraft lathe. The picture above is how it looked when I purchased it, and it was broken down to get it loaded and into the shop. So it has to be set up, adjusted, and all that great stuff. I haven't actually used a lathe in years and I'm looking forward to getting my turning legs back and learn some things.

Anyway, glad to be here! Looks like a wonderful site with some amazing projects! I hope to learn a lot while I'm here.

Thanks for looking!

Scott

Scott,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Scott,
welcome aboard.
like the 109, they make a great restoration project.
the Power Kraft looks like it's in great shape.

R

Welcome Scott....nice looking equipment too!!

Bill

Thanks for the warm welcome, folks! I appreciate it!

Yeah, the Powr-Kraft appears to be in great shape! Was in a machine shop in Burbank that my buddy bought, used a couple times, and just didn't have a use for it. It appears to be either pieced together or someone just liked multi-color lathes (two shades of gray and some bright green), but should work great! I know basically NOTHING about Logan Lathes other than what I found on www.lathe.com, but am eager to learn.

I have a whole bin of stuff that came with it and I have no idea what half of it is. I'll get some pictures later and get them up here..

You can get all the information on Logan lathes from Logan Accuator Co.

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/lathe-list/

You have to sign into Yahoo and join the group to post on the bulletin board Parts are sold by Logan and I suggest you get a manual and parts list (about $25.00)

Welcome aboard Scott. Right here is the best place you could be to learn and ask questions. Talented bunch of people.
Very good looking Logan. I had one years ago and no complaints. ironman

Back