Hello, Hello From Central New York

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

platypus20

Reaction score
My name is Jack, I live in central NY state, near Syracuse. For 30+ years, I've been an industrial boiler service technician, at one time traveling the world working on boilers, now concentrating on the northeastern part of the country. I have a machine shop in the garage, and make obsolete boiler parts for the company, some race car parts and other projects. I been lurking on and off for a while and the projects here are amazing, I'm definitely not in that class, but I'm very interested in the techniques and the equipment being used, and hopefully I can learn a trick or two. Thanks in advance for allowing me to take part.

jack

Great to have you part of the community. I grew up near Fulton actually, in a town called Volney. I moved here to Denver, Colorado but very much miss the east coast. Nothing like lake effect snow for sure. Great to hear from you.

A warm welcome Jack ! Pull up a chair and a cuppa joe and dive in :)

Mike

G'day Jack, as the others have said, welcome on board.. BUT.... (isnt there always a BUT..)

What you doin wif that there Aussie critter as an avatar when you definately aint no Aussie.....?? I sometimes see Platypus when trout fishing up in the high country, magical lil beastys.... very shy an elusive, you freeze when you spot one....

Jump in mate, with your skills/experience Im sure we all have something to learn from you.

Cheers Artie

Jack,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Artie said:
G'day Jack, as the others have said, welcome on board.. BUT.... (isnt there always a BUT..)

What you doin wif that there Aussie critter as an avatar when you definately aint no Aussie.....?? I sometimes see Platypus when trout fishing up in the high country, magical lil beastys.... very shy an elusive, you freeze when you spot one....

Jump in mate, with your skills/experience Im sure we all have something to learn from you.

Cheers Artie

When in school, I had to do a oral report on the duckbilled platypus, about a week before I got hit in the mouth with a baseball bat, and lost or broke about 11 teeth. What followed was about 7 months of dental hell to try to get a set of teeth back in there and functioning. I could barely talk, but the teacher, who was later fired for other things, refused to let me skip the report. It is almost impossible to say platypus without any front teeth, the report was a fiasco, and the kids and the teacher laughed uncontrollably. Its been going on 43 years since then, and to some I am still the platypus. So it seemed a logical choice for a user name. Thats how a yankee with very poor people skills, became named for an Australian creature.

jack

platypus20 said:
Thats how a yankee with very poor people skills.

jack

I beg to differ... ;) and as an indigenous Aussie, in my opinion you are more than welcome to the lil monetreme, sounds like you've earnt him/her.

Look forward to hearing more from you mate.

Cheers Artie

Welcome Jack, it could'a been worse - you might 'ave been diving a report on Daffy Duck. ;)

Latest posts

Back