New Member from Texas

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello All,

My name is Britt and I live in the Houston area in Texas. I've long wanted to build a small stationary steam engine (since a boy), and now that I'm grown and have started acquiring the equipment necessary, I think it's time to start.

I currently have stuffed into a two car garage a; Holbrook C-16 Lathe a Bridgeport mill, a band saw and a drill press. The mill is currently down for spindle repair, but the lathe is functioning quite nicely after a bit of work.

I work for an engineering company here in Houston that specializes in oil and gas, chemical, and power industries. Though I am not an engineer, (I'm actually an API pipe and pressure vessel inspector) I do have access to some really brilliant people - handy when it comes time to design a vertical boiler for whatever engine I end up making.

I'm also not a professional machinist, just a hobbiest that at one time was a diesel mechanic for the railroad. So I'm mechanically inclined (I think so anyway.)

Anyhow, I look forward to reading about your projects and posting up pictures of mine. Thanks for having me.

Britt Bettell
Houston, Texas

Back