Hello from Turkey

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devrimcamoglu

Continue to Learning
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I am an 47 years old industrial designer from Istanbul / Turkey. As a mechanical hobbyist, I am almost new but have a little mechanical shop in my house about 5 years for robotics. I have my own 3 books about robotic and electronic but I interest steam engines and steam age nowadays. I saw this forum on internet when I seeking about steam engines.

Just I made one simple steam engine and one little steam whistle in couple months and just now I am working on new engine that Stuart No 1 style and size. I found this engine's plans from an old populer mechanics magazine (1947) and adopt to Stuart No 1 style and metric measurements. I will share all of these next threads but excuse me about photo quality.

Best Regards,

Devrim Camoglu

Welcome Devrim. Those old Popular Mechanics magazines certainly were interesting, full of good things to make, often from plumbing fittings.

Paul.

Thanks Paul, I wrote magazine's name wrong, Popular Science vol. 1947 is right. My first engine is from Popular Mechanics vol. 1963 and also I adopt this engine's design to metric measurements and machine shop production too. I don't decide about fittings and piston's gaskets of new engine yet. Guess, I won't find teflon gaskets from here. But, graphite gaskets are possible.

Devrim

Hello Devrim,

Welcome to the group. I'm looking forward to hearing more about the steam engines you are building.

You have a very nice and well equipped shop.

Regards,

Chuck

Thanks Chuck,

Glad to be here. Hope, I would make more complicated engines in future. Maybe I think to add electronic control devices like android phone by wifi to engines or mechanical vehicles that equipped with steam engines. That's an idea just now. There are much more things can be possible to make.

Regards

Devrim

Welcome Devrin, I hope you enjoy the forum as much as I do.

Jim

Latest posts

Back