Hello from Texas!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nhat

Reaction score
Hello! My name is Nhat and I'm excited to be a part of this community!
Can't wait to learn from everyone here!

Nhat : A bit more info please .
Tell us a bit about yourself, your shop, your machines and your interest in model engines.

no offence but your intro is very generic and could apply to any forum on the net.
basic info about you helps us help you. I do appreciate you making your first post and intro.
Tin

Sorry Tin.

So I'm an engineering student at UT Austin and I work in a robotics lab. I actually don't have much experience with engines, but I would like to know more about them since they are a major part of my field.

Welcome!!!!
Much better. the only requirement for membership here is show respect for other forum members and a desire to learn about model engines and engine building. we all started in the beginning knowing nothing and we are all still learning. Thanks again for the introduction.
Robotics is cool stuff. I happened to visit the shop of the local robotics club the other day. My company provides the scale they use to check the robots weight.
Anything we can do to help just ask there is a world of knowledge here literally . we have members from across the globe.

Tin

Thank you Tin!

Nice, how sensitive are your scales?

This is really exciting. I've never been on this kind of forum that has a collection of universal knowledge. I will try to share my knowledge as well for those who need it.

Nhat

Welcome from down under Nhat. We are all here to help each other in a terrific pastime. I expect you will get a few questions on robotics as well

Thank you Tin!

Nice, how sensitive are your scales?

This is really exciting. I've never been on this kind of forum that has a collection of universal knowledge. I will try to share my knowledge as well for those who need it.

Nhat

Our company deals with everything from balances that read by.001 mg to 100 lb increments for rail scales. general rule of thumb most scales class III read in 500 -10000 divisions . the scale I set up is 150 lbs x 0.05 lbs .

Again welcome sounds like you will fit in fine here.
Tin

Nhat, it's good to have another member from the great state of Texas, I'm nearby in Leander. Hope you can get into the hobby, it's a good education, lot's of fun and you'll be surrounded by a great community.

Was wondering if you have any 3D CAD courses and 3D printing equipment available at UT?

maury
www.lonestarengineworks.com

Welcome from down under Nhat. We are all here to help each other in a terrific pastime. I expect you will get a few questions on robotics as well

Thank you Herbiev! I'm not an expert in robotics, but I can give as much help as I am capable!

Our company deals with everything from balances that read by.001 mg to 100 lb increments for rail scales. general rule of thumb most scales class III read in 500 -10000 divisions . the scale I set up is 150 lbs x 0.05 lbs .

Again welcome sounds like you will fit in fine here.
Tin

Wow, that's a big range. Thank you for the info!

Hi Nhat,
Welcome from faraway Singapore. I am Herbiev's neighbour but thousands of miles away.

Hello Gus, nice to meet you. haha y'all must be good friends.

Nhat, it's good to have another member from the great state of Texas, I'm nearby in Leander. Hope you can get into the hobby, it's a good education, lot's of fun and you'll be surrounded by a great community.

Was wondering if you have any 3D CAD courses and 3D printing equipment available at UT?

Hi Maury! Gotta represent Texas. There is a basic Intro to designing course that teaches basic skills for SolidWorks 3D modeling. For other types of modeling programs, I am unsure of any courses that teaches those. There are 2 different types of 3D printing you can do here. There is the cheaper 3D printing which we use for the design course and the more expensive, robust 3D printing called Selective Laser Sintering.

Nhat, glad you joined! I used to live in Austin but now live in the Hill Country.

Latest posts

Back