Hello from South Louisiana

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Westmoreland

Reaction score
HI everyone, I'm Jordan Westmoreland. I've been reading through some of your posts this past week and have enjoyed what I've seen. A lot of knowledge floating around. I like it.

In my last semester of college (associates in drafting and design) we built a PM Research steam engine. It was the funnest and most interesting part of school. I've sense moved on to manage the marine technician depart for a research facility in south louisiana.

So after long thoughts about what to do with my free time. I decided to build a work shop which will be finish at the end of the month. I've got a small bench top mill and plan on purchasing a small lathe once the shop is finished. After that I'd like to start building some small engines.

I'm looking forward to all of your thoughts once I have a project in mind.

Jordan

Welcome to the forum Jordon.
Looking forward to pics of your shop and upcoming projects.

Jordan:
Welcome . Setting up a new shop is exciting. Witch PMR engine did you build. read the getting started in model engineering thread in the about HMEM section this should give a good start. and read the sticky threads in the other sections as well .we have a list of shop safety ruled post. Most important pull up a seat read ask questions and have fun.
Tin

Jordan, nice to see another Louisiana person on this group, I really enjoy these fellows, there is more wisdom and projects to last several life times, I lurk more than give input, my day starts with a cup of strong coffee reading this page and at the end of the long day finish with it, hope you enjoy them as much, Lathe Nut

Jordon,

Welcome aboard.

wEc1

This is a very enjoyable hobby.

I hope that the oil in the Gulf is not impacting you.

We like pictures, so let us see your shop and tools when you get a chance.

th_wwp

Regards,

SAM

wEc1 Jordan

ditto what SAM said.

Regards
Gordy

Welcome to HMEM Jordan.

Rick

Jordan,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Thanks for the welcome everybody. Nice to see such friendly people.

Falcon, It was a PMR 3BI. Everybody in the class had such hard times with the cast iron base, we decided to make our own out of 6061 bar stock. Being the only grading factor for the project was the engine had to run for 1 minute on air. We all passed needless to say but there were a couple that flew apart not long after the 1 minute mark. Thankfully mine stayed together. The anticipation was crazy!

I should have a lot of pictures in the next couple of weeks of us putting up the building. I'm in the middle of the gulf right now, can't wait to get home next week to finish it up!

Again, thanks for the greeting everyone.

Westmoreland

The #3 is a nice engine. I have one of the 3Bs made before the price of bronze spiked. I should probably build it one of these days I have toyed with the Idea of getting a couple of the BIs build one as is painted and build the second with a Plexiglas cylinder. Having an engine fly apart is not a big deal has happened to me on a couple of occasions bring on the lock tight.
Tin

Back