Hello from Oz

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brookesy

Reaction score
G'day folks.

Where do I start...
I live in country Queensland Australia and I've been a modeller all my life in one form or another. Maybe 25 years ago I had a go at small steam engines but got side-tracked. After moving house recently I found some of the parts from one of the unfinished projects (Miranda steam launch engine I think) so I went looking for the plans and unfortunately everything steam and boat model related is gone. Lost in moving house or a shed clean-up in the past. After moving house earlier this year, the last 8 months or so has been spent building a new workshop and sound-proof practice room (because I play guitar - Loud!!!) and it's almost finished, complete with small lathe/mill combo. The current plan is to build guitars and model steam engines (maybe a model steam boat too...) so since I have to (almost) start from scratch I've ordered plans for a 'Trojan' steam engine and plans/boiler kit for a 'Minnie' traction engine. Among other things i'm hoping to find information/instructions somewhere here for a boiler suitable for the 'Trojan' engine if anyone has suggestions. Looking forward to building some stuff.

G'day from another Ozzie and guitar builder. The beauty of having a good metalworking workshop I'd the jigs and fixtures that can be made instead of buying from Stewmac :)

G'day from Cairns and welcome to the forum. There's a few Queenslanders on here.

Thank you all. I'm sure I'll learn plenty here

Hello Brookesy, and welcome. I have many good friends in Australia, and many in both Australia and New Zealand have built the engines I design. Glad to have you aboard.--Brian in Canada

G'day mate from Rick at Royal Pk Sth Australia. Not a guitar player, but a tuba player since Adam played full back for Jerusalem.

Don’t think we have covered off th NT, so G’day from one the most unliveable places this time of year!

Welcome aboard.
.adrian

Latest posts

Back