From the shores of San Francisco Bay

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zbang

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been playing with 1:1 scale single-cylinder steam engines for a while now, mostly in the couple of HP size, but got a wild hare (or hair?) to build a model of a Cornish beam engine..... maybe 1:10 scale? Yes, that's not exactly small, but then I'd like to demo it doing real work :). And my fingers don't like working with small hardware. We'll see how it goes....

z!

Hello,

I've been playing with 1:1 scale single-cylinder steam engines for a while now, mostly in the couple of HP size, but got a wild hare (or hair?) to build a model of a Cornish beam engine..... maybe 1:10 scale? Yes, that's not exactly small, but then I'd like to demo it doing real work :). And my fingers don't like working with small hardware. We'll see how it goes....

z!
Welcome to the group

Dave

I love those beam engines, and that is on my list of engines to build.

Works of art as much as functional engines.

Lots of bits and pieces, and geometry to work out, but it can be done.

Image20 (2).jpg

Image333-3.jpg
Image333-4.jpg
STEAM-BOAT-PACIFIC.jpg

1830 pump.jpg

DSCN7776.JPG

I love those beam engines, and that is on my list of engines to build.
Works of art as much as functional engines.
Oh, yes. I'm looking at both the engines at Crofton on the Kennet & Avon canal, or the Grand Junction engine in London. It'll be fun, and I may have to cast some of the parts, which will also be interesting.

And, of course, poking around here to see what others have done.

Latest posts

Back