Hello from New Zealand

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicolas

Reaction score
Hello,
My name is Nicolas.
I have come here to learn about my hobby and see what other people are making :)
So far I have made one engine (a simple oscillator) and I am on the second engine at the moment which is Elmer's wobble plate.
I am 14 years old and I have lot's to learn :)
I will not be posting much over the next few weeks due to upcoming exams, once they are over I will then again have time for my hobby.

Hi Nicolas and welcome to the forum. Good luck with your exams.

Welcome Nicolas, you will learn a lot from this forum. You live in heaven as far as fly fishing for trout is concerned, been over there on several trips fishing.

Paul.

Welcome Nicolas,

Not many in your age group around here. Good to have you on board.

Don't hold back, post some pictures of your #1.

Welcome Nicolas,

Not many in your age group around here. Good to have you on board.

Don't hold back, post some pictures of your #1.

Thanks,
I'll upload some photos now :)
EDIT: photos have been uploaded in a new thread in the "finished projects" section :)

Last edited:
Welcome Nicholas. Do you have your own machine shop at home or are you building your engines somewhere else like at school?

Jim

Welcome Nicholas. Do you have your own machine shop at home or are you building your engines somewhere else like at school?

Jim

Thanks,
I am working at home, I have uploaded a few photos in the tools section of my lathe and mill :)

Hi Nicolas. What part of NZ do you live in. I am in Auckland. Welcome to the fascinating world of Model Engineering.
Regards Ralph

Hi Nicolas. What part of NZ do you live in. I am in Auckland. Welcome to the fascinating world of Model Engineering.
Regards Ralph

Hello Ralph,
I live in Napier, Hawkes Bay :)
Do you visit here very often?

Hi Nicholas.
No havent been down to the Hawkes bay in about 30 years. Have a Myford Super 7 with Gearbox and Vertical Milling Slide. Does most things I want but the lathe is getting a bit worn and could really do with a new set of Spindle bearings and having the Bed reground but at the end of the day would the cost be justified. Its just a case off working around the problems.
Ralph

Hi Nicholas.
No havent been down to the Hawkes bay in about 30 years. Have a Myford Super 7 with Gearbox and Vertical Milling Slide. Does most things I want but the lathe is getting a bit worn and could really do with a new set of Spindle bearings and having the Bed reground but at the end of the day would the cost be justified. Its just a case off working around the problems.
Ralph

I'll find a super 7 for a reasonable price one day......
I bid on the long bed super 7 with gearbox that was on TM recently but didn't win :( Did you see that one? I went and had a look at it and it was a great lathe, apart from the fact the bull gear was broken (which wasn't stated in the text)

So your from Napier, the Art Deco city. Was there a few years ago and struck the annual Art Deco weekend ? Everyone was in period clothing and driving around in old cars, considering that it was my first visit to Napier, I didn't quite know what was going on.

Paul.

So your from Napier, the Art Deco city. Was there a few years ago and struck the annual Art Deco weekend ? Everyone was in period clothing and driving around in old cars, considering that it was my first visit to Napier, I didn't quite know what was going on.

Paul.

You came at the best possible time then, It's a great week end :) I always dress up, It's great fun.

Latest posts

Back