Hello from New Zealand

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidlloyd1

Reaction score
Hi my name is David and its time to introdue myself.
I have been retired for three years and been a model engineer for the last twenty five years.
My interest are Traction Engines and i have a 4.5" scale Simplicity steam roller. a 3" scale Allchin Traction Engine and i am building a 3" Case 65hp almost finished and runing on compressed air, I will give more updates soon cheers,

welcome to the forum David,

Just happen to be in NZ myself at the moment.

David

David

Hi

I guess you're probably not the David Lloyd I know but which part of NZ are you in?

That said; I do know a David that has a Case traction engine running on air....................

Pete

Last edited:
Welcome to HMEM David. Love to see some photos when you got the time.

Some photos,
Dave,

DSC_7312.jpg

DSC_7313.jpg

DSC_7317.jpg

DSC_7319.jpg

DSC_7320.jpg

Dave

You got the pictures to work then. I must say that is looking really good

You know now that you've posted the pics you are going to be under pressure to get it steamed up. But we'll could make do with a video of it running on air for now....

and to paraphrase Kim Dotcom "you know I know you can"

Pete

Last edited:
Hi Dave,

Welcome to the forum,

Very serious bit of gear you have built there, good to see you are keeping up the tradition of Kiwi's being able to fix/build anything.
would love to see a short video of the traction engine in action some time.

Looking forward to seeing more great work in the future.

Baz.

Love to see someone who is that keen...may i ask how long a project like that takes...nice job........Wayne QLD Australia

Thanks for the complement Wayne, Start to finish will be approximately four years,

DavidLloyd
New zealand

That sounds like a good idea but I have no video camera Pete,

Strange- there is never enought time to do the job properly but there is always enought time to do it again when it goes wrong!

Latest posts

Back