Hello from Los Angeles

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rero360

Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Craig and am a 12 year Combat Arms veteran and have recently started a new career path in machining. I am in my second semester at a local college going for a 2 year certificate program for both Machine Shop tech and Engineering Design. I am also finishing up a 6 month Internship at The Carnegie Observatories machine shop where I learned to create tool paths in MasterCAM and run Haas VMCs.

I recently completed a miniature cannon build (roughly 1/7th scale), fully functional, and am now waiting on plans and material for my next project, a Jerry Howell 4-in-1 Vacuum engine.

In looking for the idea for the project and getting ideas of what to expect in the build, I happened across this forum and have read quite a bit so far, lots of really good information.

Welcome!
There is a LOT of information here so take advantage of it. Ask questions. You'll get great info and help.
Good luck in your classes!
Best
Stan

Hello everyone, my name is Craig and am a 12 year Combat Arms veteran
So USAF range officer AKA red Hat?
Well sounds like you are getting some good solid technical training and hands on experience.
unfortunately many of the technical programs around here were either dropped or consolidated with other schools.

welcome to the board.
Tin

Army National Guard Infantry (6 years), combat MP (3 years), and now Forward Observer (3 and counting).

Thanks for the welcome guys, this is a pretty cool site, great info, some really impressive projects.

Tin Falcon: what part of Jersey are you from? My little sis lives in Annandale, rest of the family is in western NY.

Craig,

Welcome to our forum wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Back