Hello From Abbotsford, British Columbia

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimN

Reaction score
Would like to say hello to all. First would like to say I am not a machinist, nor have I ever been one, but if you need advice on how to turn nice little bits of brass into smaller chips all over the place, I am the one to talk to.

I have both a sherline mill and lathe, and have just started trying my hand at building steam engines. Now retired so have more time to figure out what I am trying to do. This all got planted in my brain couple of years ago when someone gave me a copy of The Shop Wisdom of Rudy Kouhoupt, so before retiring bought the mill and lathe.

I see you do team builds, which I am more than willing to help with, long as its simple parts. Such as a basket full of fine chips.....

Thanks for having a fine forum.

Jim Neifert
Abbotsford, BC

Jim

Welcome to HMEM. From what you have told us about yourself, you will fit right in. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask and show pictures of anything you build that you want to share with gang.

Cheers :)

Don

Welcome neighbor :) This really is a cool place to hang out ;D

wEc1 neighbour...this is a great place to hang out if there's nothing else to do....lots of helping hands around here Thm:

Regards

Philly form Langley BC

JimN said:
if you need advice on how to turn nice little bits of brass into smaller chips all over the place, I am the one to talk to

Ahhhhhhhhhh .............. you'll fit right in Jim, pull up a chair ............ and ........ welcome aboard :D

CC

We all have that basket of fine chips and a box full
of "test parts" that were made while trying to make a
good one. ;)

Welcome to HMEM Jim.

Rick

Basket of fine chips, floor of fine chips... sometimes pocket of fine chips...and a wall of shame samples that I try to avoid showing...

Anyway, welcome to the forum! ;D

Remember, WE WANT PICTURES!

Jim,

Welcome to our forum wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Hi Jim, welcome to the forum.
Sounds like we have some things in common...or rather a common lack of things :big:
But I bet your basket of chips is better than mine.

Latest posts

Back