Guildford Model Engineering Exhibition 9th/10th July 2011

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be going BUT........

RDG Tools will be there so the credit card may well take a hammering! :fan:

Ron.

Me too

Those blasted RDG 5% loyalty cards they send you when you buy on-line get me in trouble all year round aside from shows. Just cant help but think im getting a discount so i look for things to buy ! Guess the cards work as RDG intended. ::)

I'll be there as well, Hopefully comming back with a boot (trunk) full of traction engine castings for a very good cash price - no plastic for me ;)

J

Lets hope we have the weather we had last year at Guildford

Good luck finding your castings Jason, are you exhibiting any of you engines at all ?

No nothing on to exhibit but I have been asked if I would show my 2"Fowler in the road steam section at ME down at Sandown later in the year.

J

Ok Jason, may well pop along to sandown myself

As for Guildford, i'll be part of the GTBA stand so feel free to stop by and say 'hello' ok, and once again good luck with your castings

regards

Guildford is just down the road from me so it would be rude not to go - as usual ;D

Vic.

Sounds good Ray. I normally go on Saturday, on the basis that if I change my mind on some expensive item, I can go back on Sunday and buy it ... I've done this before at other shows ;D

Vic.

Good philosophy Vic
Im there for three days, friday being the set-up day, didn't fancy spending half the weekend on the M25 so booked a two night stay at a travelodge in Farnborough.

Maybe catch you on the saturday then Vic

regards

Ray, if it's not too late there is a Premier Inn at Parkway in Guildford. It's only a couple of hundred yards from the site.

Vic.

Hey Vic

Yep to late, all booked now, thanks anyway though, did a search and the travelodge came up first as the cheapest (Got one of those bargain bucket deals). still cost me half to stay over than travelling with petrol cost's so still happy, not to mention the ghastly M25 and its delays,

Thanks for your concern matey

Regards

Vic/Ray/Jason,

I have some pure copper plates (about 1/2 dozen), sizes approximately 150x120x2m/m and a 1off chunk again pure copper (99+%)? similar size but around 10/12m/m thick that I know I will never use but would like to see go to a good home. (I am not confidant enough for steam boilers). I am not talking prices but would like to swop for some decent cast-iron/mild steel bar if anyone is interested?
These copper plates were purchased by an F1 team for the KERS development, (soon to be abandoned at the time, and then brought back. As they do!!), and given to me well before my leaving the team as they knew my interest in models. (They were scrap and not taken underhanded/stolen)!
I could meet you at the show but would need some form of identification from you in order to swop. (And I don't mean fishnet stockings)!!

Kind regards,

Ron.

PS. Mods, if this is the wrong place to post/show this, please excuse me but it will only be the one off. This is not for money, just a swop.

Ta very much!!

Ron

Thanks for the offer but cant think of an immediate use for that size of copper, but incidentally, what size of mild steel are you after ?

Ray

p.s glad i wouldn't have to wear the fishnets :big:

Very useful stuff to the right person Ron but not something I'm likely to use either, but thanks very much for the offer. There are usually two Metal stockists at the Guildford show so you should be able to get what you want if you're going.

Vic.

Latest posts

Back