Greetings from the Colorado foothills

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ncoonen

Reaction score
Hello Everyone and Happy New Year!

I joined the forum a few days ago hoping to renew my commitment to building a live steam locomotive in 3/4" scale. Years ago I bought Kozo Hiraoka's Building the Shay and now just retired, I am finally in a reasonable position to get started on that or perhaps his Pennsylvania A3. I have worked on old cars for years but am new to precision machining so I will probably start with some simpler projects just to gain experience and build confidence. I subscribed to Live Steam magazine for several years in the 1990's and probably ought to renew now.

I have already learned a lot from this forum and will surely be back with questions and problems as I gather equipment and start making things. One thing I have discovered already is that the hobbyist machining equipment available from China today seems far superior to what I looked at 20+ years ago. This is encouraging since, like about everyone here, I need to make my hobby budget go as far as possible.

Thanks for being a great resource!

...ned.

G'day and welcome from " down under"

Back