Greetings from England

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spark Plug

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have just got here from our 'Model Engineer' magazine forum here in the UK, this forum was suggested as I am particularly interested in IC and especially open cranks.

I am fairly inexperienced at the technicals but do have a 3.5" Myford ML7 lathe, a Chinese 5.5" with milling head and a small milling machine as well as home mades such as a precision tapping stand, a cutter and drill grinder plus various other accessories. I have turned out some fairly decent stuff so far but consider myself still a near beginner with a lot to learn.

I started by building a few simple steam engines, then a model Lister Junior 4-stroke from castings (it didn't run!), a 2-stroke engine using bar stock from a design in Model Engineer a few months ago together with a petrol vapour carb, that went a bit better but not really satisfactory (all part of the learning curve) then I built a half-size Hercules Economy open-crank from a casting kit by L A Services (Engineers Emporium) in the UK. This went together very well and I am pleased with it so far but I can't yet get it to start, which is one of the reasons for seeking out the expertise through this site. I have a bit more experimental work to do but if I still have adjustment type problems then I will ask questions in the appropriate section.

Thanks for letting me in and I hope to be able to help others in my turn.

Regards, Spark Plug

Sparkplug,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

wEc1 aboard Sir

This is indeed a neat forum...

take care,
t

Welcome
wEc1
th_wwp