For John Rus & Buchanan (V12 in the works)

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Frank

As soon as I finish my V12, I'm going to take a shot at it, would be nice if I can get a look at the sides. I added a few pics at the top of this thread.

Jack

Hi all,
Unfortunately my side views are blurry. Jack has the link in post 17 that brings up a side view. If I understand correctly it was designed as an aircraft engine during WWI. don't think it was mass produced.
Art

It sure is faster to draw in CAD than manual drafting!

I am drawing about 1 to 2 parts everytime I sit down just can't do it every day.

Your progress is fantastic! Keep it up.

Edit, I didn't realise this thread is already three pages long! So if it seems my last post is a little out of touch you know why.

Cheers,
John.

Last edited:
Wow! Interesting news to read. The King-Bugatti is a real beauty.... so is the Lockhart Stutz Black Hawk 1928 engine, the Liberty-12, and, some of the Curtiss V Aero engines. Not Bugatti-ish, but still pretty to look at, and, single-crank designs.

Love the thread subject and looking forward to seeing the new engines being designed by the talented forum members.

Frank

Jack, et al.:

After reading all the specs. on this engine it is just an engineering marvel that they could be conceived and built, but then, just as amazingly, not used! How do you take all these man-hours to design something, and then drop the whole project before the engine is perfected? It must have cost, God knows what kind of money, to make these engines....engineers, designers, tooling, machining, testing, etc. I guess a lot of people had plenty of work to do in those days.

Please keep us informed about YOUR engines that are being designed. That was then, and, this is now.

Frank

I have missed what was going on here for a while.
This set of design is looking real cool Draw-Tec.
How much of you drawing could go straight to a cam program.
I am almost ready to test my CNC mill conversian.

Buchanan

Thanks Draw Tec.

I will keep waiting. I think I have a lot to learn abour CNC.
I have been cutting metal for 32 years but there is so much new in CNC.

Buchanan

Draw-Tec.

Give me a few moments to finish my mill and i will take you up on your offer.

Thanks

Buchanan

Back