Flapping around... Elmer's Kimble

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As per usual Arnold, you have intrigued me with this thread.

As per usual completeted perfectly.

As per usual it adds one more thing to my to do list.

Well done.

Ken

Hello Arnold,

You have done a superb job building the Kimble Engine and documenting it. This must be one of the rarest of Elmer's engines, I too have never seen one running before. Congratulations on a fine running engine.

Kind regards,
Mike

Arnold

Congrats for your running Kimble. Thanks for all the photos.

Vince

That is one beautiful engine and well worth your fine collection.
I love seeing the action!
I'm breaking out my jelly jar and raising a toast to you.
Okay...the jelly jar was already out...but here's to you Arnold.

Arnold,

Let me add my congratulations. Inspiring! Thanks for showing. :bow: :bow:

Mike

Arnold, Great work, Great engine, Thank you for the pictures. larry

Vielen Dank herr Klotz ;)

John, thank you very much :). I know you've mentioned a couple of times that you'd like to make one of these engines; it seems a shame that there are so few of them around.

Thanks Ken :) - I'll hold up with engines for a while; time to catch up with tooling - that is unless I get a bee in my bonnet one weekend :big:

Both Mikes, Vince and Larry, thank you Gents; it was a pleasure sharing the build.

Carl, thanks & Cheers *beer*; I'm in a hugely celebratory mood (not just because of the Kimble build), so I'll treat myself to some special liquid of Scottish origin this coming weekend. I'll be sure to toast you as well; it's good to have you active on the forum again ;D

Kind regards, Arnold

Very nice engine. And I really enjoyed your construction thread. Thanks for all the tips!

I have to say that is a great engine...I enjoy building and viewing Elmer's engines. This questions has to have been asked in the past but how many Elmer's engines have you completed? Do you or has anyone built all of them from his book?

Is this your goal?

I have only (3) Elmer's engines completed.

Just curious...thanks again for posting those great pics and the awesome video!

Chris

Great work Arnold...like others have said, I've never seen one running and it certainly whet's my appetite to make one now. The use of the clear cover will make it perfect for display and showing just how it works too! Very well done indeed!!!

Bill

Danstir, Chris & Bill - thanks very much Gents :)

Chris, I'm not aware of anybody that has built all of them. MetalButcher here on HMEM has given the list a good go though!
I want to build them all ;D - I've got 7 so far:
#15 Fancy, #23 Tiny, #8 Scotty, #37 Grasshopper, #46 Comber, #43 Horizontal Mill, and the Kimble.

I have also made another slightly larger Comber, and a turbine roughly based on the #12 Turbine & pump, but I don't count this one as an Elmer engine. I'll build the real Elmer turbine and pump later.

Now *THAT*, is truly dee-lightful! I've only seen photographs of this model and never witnessed one in operation. Way cool! 8) Arnold, it is always a pleasure to see you in action. Another fine model under your belt. Now then, get cracking on expanding the display arena ;D

BC1
Jim

A lovely engine Arnold, congratulations. :bow: :bow:

The finish is superb and your idea of outlining the valve worked a treat.

And thanks for all the instruction on the way. It was a great journey.

Jim

arnoldb said:
Danstir, Chris & Bill - thanks very much Gents :)

Chris, I'm not aware of anybody that has built all of them. MetalButcher here on HMEM has given the list a good go though!
I want to build them all ;D - I've got 7 so far:
#15 Fancy, #23 Tiny, #8 Scotty, #37 Grasshopper, #46 Comber, #43 Horizontal Mill, and the Kimble.

I have also made another slightly larger Comber, and a turbine roughly based on the #12 Turbine & pump, but I don't count this one as an Elmer engine. I'll build the real Elmer turbine and pump later.

Something to look forward to right? This is good stuff! Thanks for the reply.

Chris

Only another 40 odd to go then.

That should keep you busy for a couple of weeks ::) ::)
:big: 43 to go John; good to keep me occupied for at least twenty years with tooling and some other builds interspersed ;D

Thank you Jim BC1 :) - Display has to wait a bit; some tooling first ;)

Jim AussyJimG, thank you. :) It's very good to hear that some of the things I show are useful, but please don't think of it as instruction - it's just the way I happened to do it Thm:

Pleasure Chris :) - I'll be sure to annoy everybody with more Elmer's Engines build in future ;)

Kind regards, Arnold

Arnold,

I would like to add my congrats to the others. Your build logs are an inspiration and your completed engines are so nicely detailed and finished. You also manage to include enough new ideas on shop techniques to keep us learning.

Good One! :bow:

--ShopShoe

Arnold,
Very, Very, nice work - as usual. Thanks for sharing the build with us! Looking forward to your next build...

Ronald

Arnold,

Don't quite know how I've missed this :eek: Too much time flapping around and missing more than hitting.

Anyway congratulations on yet another magnificent build and build log. :bow: :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Shopshoe, Ronald & Bob - many thanks Gents :)

Kind regards, Arnold

Latest posts

Back