Flamelicker Boxer

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebush

Reaction score
Was browsing on Youtube and found a video-Flammenfresser Boxermotor posted by Kolbenmotor. Has anyone seen plans available for a engine like this? Looks like it would be a very interesting build. Roger

Here is the link if you don't want to search for it:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0CY-kbwSzE[/ame]

Bill

b.lindsey: Thanks for posting the link. I wouldn't have any idea on how to do that, I'm glad you do.

John: That is a very nice engine. I know from reading your other posts you're comfortable and capable of building an engine with a sketch or just an idea. I am new to metal working and model engines. I just finished my second engine I pick plans with increasing skill levels. You wouldn't by any chance have drawings for you boxer engine? I haven't built enough to not have sketches or drawings to work from.

Thank: Roger

If you are going to make a boxer engine for a first attempt ? have a look at P Duclos designs as they are a little more forgiving.I have started drawing a twin out as per the video but due to other builds and commitments I don't intend building until mid next year when I say drawings they are fag pack type :big:
Good luck with you're build
kind regards Frazer

Sorry Roger,

What you see is what you get.

I don't have the retention power nowadays to learn how to use CAD, so everything I do is just scribbled down on bits of paper.

All I did with Jan's engine was to make one as normal, and then, a mirror copy, then just bent the conrod on one slightly so they both went onto a common crank pin.

John

gmac: You're right it is a good starting point. I think John's is a Ridder.

Frazer: Where would I find pictures or plans for a Philip Duclos engine.

John: You're engine look to be a great choice. It's going to be awhile before I feel confident in my abilities to start that engine(s) but if I run into a problem would a couple of question be ok.

And I will be really happy helping with the cad, my workshop still been virtual and it will still that way for a few months.
I have started a few CAD engines, learning about them, looking for information, If I find enough help I will like to do a few plans ( V engines, 4 cylinders in line, boxers, radials) for free there is a lot of people looking for plans and I will like to do an open project I am sure that I will need help with a lot of things. I am doing this with Inventor, but I think that Rhinoceros will be easier for more people.

Hi Roger, The Duclos engine is in Steam and Sterling Engines book2 and there is some free plans on the john-tom site for Poppin its a nice little build and works straight from the drawings
best wishes Frazer

Jonh: I e-mail Jan and he sent plans for the flame eater with internal valve engine. Other than bending the connecting rod as you said, there doesn't look to be any other modifications. In one of your post you wrote that you'd had problems with the height of the wick as drawn. What changes did you come up with to get it to run properly?

Henry: I'm really computer challenged. If you find that some where down the road you're able to turn out a boxer stlye set of plans please let me know.

fcheslop: Thanks for the information on finding plans. Will be doing more research.

Roger

John: You're right the answer was right there the whole time. Thank Roger

Back