First Post and Itroduction!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Rus

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

This is my first post, I have enjoyed this forum for quite some time and wish someday I could contribute to this great forum! The work you guys do is remarkable!

I am completely new to metal working and don't even have a lathe or mill yet, but hope so soon. I do have exprience in woodworking and construction (by trade), so I am handy and resourcefull.

My other hobbies include music, I play violin and piano. I also enjoy photography, particularly bird photography. So if I make anything you will get great pictures at least.

Hope to talk to you guys soon,
John Teodor Rus.

Welcome.

Steve will find your avatar interesting. scratch.gif

Indeed! I have seen his engines and love them, so much so I used the picture from his Micro V8. Hope he doesn't mind. :-[

Thanks for the welcome! Very much apriaciated.

Cheers,
John.

Welcome to yet another John.

I think everyone has something to contribute to the group, if only ooh's! & aah's to someone else's post, or even if you have a question about how someone has done something, it all makes life interesting.

John

John, Welcome, the men and women is great people to be with. larry

Welcome John, we come from all over and this is a very supportive group. It is a nice place to be.

Jim

Wow! I didn't expect such a warm welcome!

I guess from what I see Steve won't have any problem with my avatar.

John.

John,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome John, happy you decided to jump in and join the fun. I think you will find that most of us develop a real attachment to our projects, just as you must for some of your photographs. Steve has done some exquisite work and generously shared his work here. I think also that many here use their avatar to display their builds or personal creations, so that others may see it and say, "oh yeah, he is the guy that build such and such." Steve may not have a problem with this and that is fine, indeed flattering in a way...but you may wish to PM him and ask first.

Again a hearty welcome to the forum, and I do not wish to be a wet blanket at all regarding the avatar, but when i saw it I recognized it as Steve's and admit to being somewhat puzzled. Why not use one of your most notable bird pictures...one that reminds us, "yeah...thats John the photographer."

I guess from what I see Steve won't have any problem with my avatar.

Well imho you should ask steve abide with his wishes. One of the main stays of this board is respect.
also imho your avatar should reflect you and be personal not a photo of someone else s work.
Welcome to the board there is a lot to learn here.
Tin

Good solid advice. I think I will change it to one of my bird photographs. Now that you pointed it out many of you have avatars that are not a engine or metal working project, should have paid attention more. I will dig in my other computer for a bird shot so stay tuned!

I think I'm going to really like this place,
John.

Latest posts

Back