Greetings

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mheaton92

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I joined this site just to read and talk with like-minded people. I am a apprentice machinist at work and I also have a small machine shop. I am striving to be a toolmaker. I did woodworking since I was a teenager, I wanted some nice woodworking tools and then realized how expensive good tools cost. So I got the idea I wanted to make my own tools. That led down a rabbit hole that I quickly realized was way more expensive than woodworking tools. But in the process I learned a lot about myself and that is I love machining. As a woodworker I always enjoyed making small parts, I would also cause myself a lot of grief because I like to make things perfect. As a machinist I make a ton of small parts and I need to hit tolerances, so it is great for me. I then started buying tools, I have a 10x30 lathe and a small bench top mill. I have a lot to learn and hope I can use this forum as a way to gain knowledge!

Latest posts

Back