Fairbanks Morse Eclipse 1A Pumping engine in 1/2 scale

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobweb81

HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finished this engine about a year ago and had some difficulty getting it to run until just lately. I still need to make some adjustments to the governor springs, but it is running. Running on coleman fuel. Had it running on propane as well but it would take some part changing to make it run well. See video. Adam

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjxdI7zG8p4[/ame]

Beautiful engine , beautiful wooden base.
Guys please try to explain to european dumb :confused:what is COLEMAN fuel
Thank you

Coleman fuel is what we use in camping lanterns with mantels. It is also called white gas. I have also heard it referred to as Naptha. The fuel can also be used in camp stoves. In either case you fill the fuel tank of the device and then pressurize the tank with a plunger pump and then the fuel is forced out to the burner or mantels to do the work needed. Coleman is the name we most think of when talking about camp stoves or lanterns in this country. Adam

Thanks to each of you for the great comments. The wooden base for the engine is made of oak that came from some old barn beams that my buddy was going to burn, they were well over 100 years old. I always try to incorporate some found items into my engines. Seems to give them more depth when there are stories that go along with them. I really despise buying new wood from the lumber yard for projects like this, it seems much more interesting to reclaim previously used wood. The box on the wooden skid took about 5 hours to make, it houses the electronic ignition components and the battery. The storage box that the engine is sitting on in the picture was made from pine planks from skids and shipping boxes that a neighbor of mine saved from the shipping and receiving department where he worked. Adam

IMG_9848-2.jpg

Latest posts

Back