Elmer's Pumping Engine - finished

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations Stan on a great looking and running engine. The detail work is fantasticThm:

Cheers,
Phil

Thanks, Phil. Appreciate it. Without the detailing, etc. I could have finished in 1/2 the time.

That is A lovely piece of craftsmanship. Very timely as well as I am just starting to cut out some pieces for one.

Two questions ... Is yours the actual size on the plans?

Your floors look to be thicker than 1/8" . I only ask since I had contemplated using thicker material as well, since I already have it.

Again, a marvelous job.

Cheers,

Tom

Very nice Stan - beautiful model.
Getting it finished between April and August (of the same year) is an achievement in itself. (As we often learn - 90% complete and 90% to go)
Thanks for sharing your project ...
Charlie

Thanks fr the kind comments.
Tom
It is 100% actual plan size. The floors looked thin to me after I did the first assembly. That's when I decided to use the 3/8"x1/4" basswood edging to give them a thicker look. Just one of the things, as Charlie said, that was the extra 90%.

Thanks for the info Stan. I am deciding whether to up the size by 50% or not.

I do have some very nice 1/2" corian that would make the floors look like they were made out of marble.

Cheers,

Tom

Fine workmanship, Stan.
Gail in NM

Gail
Thank you. I try to make each one better.

No more water until I repack the pumps.

This is just fantastic Stan! I love Elmer's engines and this does him justice. Actually, to be honest, if you see the book yours is probably more visually appealing.

JW
Thanks for the more than kind comments. I saw the book once for a few minutes. I'd love to find one at a reasonable price but they seem to be quite expensive now. The photos on the copies at John-Tom leave everything to the imagination, so, for me, it's probably a good thing.

Stan, I want to see it pump some water!!!

Dave

Damn, Dave. I just cleaned it, but I'll fillerup and get a video.
Lunch???

Latest posts

Back