Ok back in the saddle. I made up the spacers that go between the front bearing mount and the ring. These are just ¼” aluminum rod drilled to fit 2-56 screws and parted off. The only thing I had to change was the length as the gear I’m using is thicker than the one called for in the plans. I got everything mounted up and I guess this is where the fun begins. I had my doubts that this would work “out of the box” and it didn’t. It looks like “Piston rod screw must be exactly centered between two teeth” works when you use the prescribed gear but this is going to take some fiddling. On the up side the hole for the piston rod screw looks to line up with the little tit on the shaft left by parting it off so that’s on the plus side. I am very glad that I used Loctite instead of silver soldering here. A little heat and the two pieces separated cleanly. The parts count is going up and looking in the box somewhere along the line I made the eccentric strap.