• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

EDELSTAAL MODEL #5 LATHE - INVENTORY #7a

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI:
IMHO this is a nice lathe as a second lathe or for a cnc project lathe. I bought one from this guy a while back and set it up for a friend.
I have one that I converted to cnc that came with a motor.
These lathes have an odd spindle thread so you will have to make a back plate drive plate etc. The spindle looks like it is set up for collects but you will likely have to make to fit. There may be commercial one that fit but do not know what size. IIRC lathes.UK says it is a proprietary taper.
This is probably not a good lathe for a beginner with no lathe unless you have a friend with a shop to help you set this up.
the weak link on these lathes are the handles they break easily but ones can be made of Aluminum.
Also these lathes are orphans. No spares made and not much for available tooling.The tail stock is 1MT so no problem there.
But for $135 not a bad platform to build on for a desktop lathe.
Tin

Back