DRO on mini-mill - anyone have these?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is a copy of my order if you look at it you will see a 108:00 shipping fee with DHL taht was my choice
the Sino package you posted ALSO come from China some shipping fee will be added. what you posted is what you buy in states for 700.00

Seller:Chengdu DitronOpto-Electronics Equipment Ltd.

Address:NO.9 4thsection,Renmin South Rd,Chengdu Sichuan China

Post code:610041

Tel:86-28 85480905

Fax:86-28 85737897

DESCRIPTION
货物名称及规格
quanlity
数量
unit price
单价(USD)
TOTAL PRICE
总价(USD)
Linear scale DC10-160mm
Linear scale DC10-310mm
Linear scale DC10-610mm
Digital readout D60-3m
Shipping cost (DHL)
Paypal fee
Total price(USD)

I installed these on my Enco round column mill/drill. They are kind of fragile and the numbers are hard to read. I finally took them off when they quit working. Some folks might find them to be OK. I'd rather wait until I can afford a good DRO with glass scales. In the meantime, I installed good stops on the X-Axis and plan to do the same on the Y-Axis. This solves a lot of the problems you might need a DRO for.

Just my $.02 worth...

Chuck

Any updates on these Igaging DRO's, how they holding up?

I have fitted to both lathe and mill makes it so much easier iff one is metric and the other imperial .

P1000223.jpg

Looks similar Jeff but not Igaging DRO. I have heard good reviews, but would like to know now that some time has passed how the Igaging ones are holding up.

ive had the accuremote version scales on my mill (x & y only) for over a year and they are still holding up extremely well; even under heavy swarf sometimes. I previously had Igaging scales, which the main beam is made of aluminum instead of stainless with the accuremote variants, but got rid of them because the beam started to wear over the course of about a year. Also, the precision on the accuremote version is great. You can buy them from anytime tool.com

I see two problems with that DRO CanadianHorsePower,

It doesn't say if scales are included or even how long they would be and the other problem for me anyway is that it is 250v

But other than that it looks like a sweet deal, guess ya just would have to take a chance and see what they send ya.

Yah. Kind of looks like the display box only... or very short scales :) Its amazing how inexpensive these things are getting.

Packaging Details
Weight:1.5kg (3.307lb.)Package Size:32cm x 24cm x 8cm (12.60in x 9.45in x 3.15in)

Right now my problem is choosing between the Igaging(black ones) and the Accuremote(blue ones). The Accuremotes claim better accuracy. But all the reviews I have read about the Igaging is that they are pretty spot on.

Well I bought the Accuremote DRO's from Grizzly, I am pretty happy with it and it is dead on accurate. The X axis was fairly easy to install, the Y axis however took one and half days to install, very challenging. The only thing that worries me is the wires as they are the weak point and a drop piece of steel would easily damage them.

YDRO2 001.jpg

YDRO2 002.jpg

YDRO.jpg

Well 2 weeks in and the DRO's are still working great. My only problem and it isn't the fault of the DRO's is that they don't turn off by themselves. So I imagine I will be eating up some batteries and I see a power adapter mod here in the future.

Good to hear, Zip! I'm looking at the same ones. What model/brand is your X2. I have the LMS X2, but your X-Y table looks different from mine.

Todd

Nice lil mill, Ulf !!! The display makes a huge difference. I will put having a DRO on a mill top priority for anyone who gets a mill.

Very interesting, Zip. Thanks for the picture and clarification. Just need to save some pennies now so I can get the DRO's. :)

Back