DRO on mini-mill - anyone have these?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well 2 weeks in and the DRO's are still working great. My only problem and it isn't the fault of the DRO's is that they don't turn off by themselves. So I imagine I will be eating up some batteries and I see a power adapter mod here in the future.

Interesting that you find that a problem, and my biggest complaint with my IGaging scales is that the DRO display turns off every 5 minutes. :D On the other hand, I just did my first battery replacement after a year of using them, so it's not all bad. One other problem with the IGaging scales is that the liquid crystal display is hard to read, unless the light hits them right, and you are looking at them head-on. That cuts down on your options on how to mount the displays. Other than that, they have worked well for me. The accuracy on mine is about exactly what they advertised. On the X, I lose a couple or three thousandths over 6 inches compared to the dials, but the Y is always within .001 of what the dials show. I've never checked with guage blocks to see which is more accurate.

I have two different IGaging dro's. One is the black display with the aluminum bar and the other is the more expensive Blue display with the stainless steel bar. As for the turn off problem, the black display turns off after 3 minutes :wall:, but the blue one does not turn off. I really do like the blue one much better.

Back