drip feed oiler on Myford counter shaft

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firebird

Reaction score
Hi

Heres another mod to my Myford lathe. A pair of drip feed oilers on the counter shaft to replace the oil nipples. Much easier to use.

Cheers

Rich

Yup...good idea ...will do the same on my SB 9"

Looks good too!

Dave

Thm: That's a neat idea Rich ! - Thanks!

Kind regards, Arnold

They look fantastic, are those off Ebay or the ones RDG had?

I have been wanting to change those on my SB Heavy 10. They look so much neater than the Gits oilers.

Nelson

For those of us in the US you can also get them here. I made one just for the challenge but next ones will be purchased. ;)

PS Looks nice Rich!

I've mused about fitting these oilers to my machines as I gradually bring them back into use - now I know where to source them.

Thanks for the link ;)

Hi

Nelson, follow the link to arceurotrade. They do 2 sizes in either chrome or brass.

Doc, I'm not sure whether arc will post to the US. Might be worth a look.

Cheers

Rich

Sorry Rich, I missed it the first time. I will see if they do US.

I had a bead on a set on Ebay, but I waited too long and missed out.

They went for $30 for the set. One thing that is great is being able to see the level.

I have a machine with an oil reservoir and window (a VN #12) but the window is tiny and makes it hard to see the oil levels.

One of these oilers would be awesome.

Nelson

I have a pair of matched "Gits" drip feed oilers that will work perfectly on my SB.

They need a good cleaning....but so does the rest of the lathe.

Dave

You can get Gits brand from McMaster Carr.

Also Essex brass is still in business and I just bought some for my boat.....reasonably priced...but not necessarily cheap.

Dave

Dave,

You can get used Gits less expensively on Ebay at times. I bought several.
As long at the threads aren't worn badly, and the caps close properly, used is as good as new.

Nelson

Absolutely Nelson...you can even get them used and for free from your brother like I did! :big:
But.....if your need is NOW.....there they are just a phone call and a credit card away.

Dave

PS They are ever so slightly larger I think to the GITS units you have on your spindle Rich...Yours are much prettier at the moment....

Dave

Latest posts

Back