• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Dremel Table Saw wrench

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kludge

About a year ago, I "inherited" a Dremel table saw in not all that good condition. The blade useless, rust is fairly all-covering and a few pieces are missing. On the other hand, the motor works and it really isn't a bad piece for woodwork. There are even some really nice slitting blades that fit it.

To remove or change the blade requires a really long skinny wrench that I didn't get with mine. I would dearly love to have one of these wrenches so I can remove the existing slightly dangerous flywheel so I can finish dismantling the saw and put it on its way to recovery. I would make one but, as you all have seen, my shop's not geared to anything largish and even that wrench is outside it's capabilities.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BEst regards,

Kludge

Kludge, you might try [url-http://www.dremel.com/en-us/Pages/default.aspx]Dremel's website[/url] and see if they can help out. Shurly their tech dept. would know what you need and if it is a available.

If I remember correctly, it isn't a wrench as such. But a piece of sheet metal formed into an L shape with the short section being about 1 1/16" of an inch long that rests on the table to hold the blade in position while removing the nut.

You should be able to make one, with a 4"vise and a jewelers saw frame. I will hunt up mine and the saw so you can see if it the same type.

I have to say this about dremel they don't support any thing but what they currently sell. And when the parts are gone for past products they think you should upgrade to a more current one.

I have a number of tools they made years ago, The wood lathe they no longer supply the parts say the live center etc for it. They didn't even have the numbers in the computer at the time I called.I have the original table jig saw with sanding disk flex shaft. the guy laughed when I asked about the connection from the saw to the flex shaft as I wanted to make something up to use the power take off. They did have the short pinned blades. Also the real old dremel tools as the parts sell out of inventory they don't replace them.

And not all of the accessories they have fit all the dremel tools. which means if you want the latest and greatest item you have to buy a model of the tool that it will fit.

That's what happens when the big boys buy a small company out and it becomes corporate.

I will hunt the wrench and saw later and take a picture and post here.

Here is the tool and pictures of it in use. Along with the dimensions of it and the saw.
DSCF9650.jpg

DSCF9649.jpg

DSCF9646.jpg

Will look up the instruction manual for it I just seen it in the last two weeks, but it is currently hiding at the moment! ;D

Also the drive belts, and blades are carried by Mirco Mark https://www.micromark.com/

Thanks, Glen!

While I don't have a 4" vise (yet; I'm coming to the opinion I need some slightly larger tools.) I can probably still make it no huhu. I think I even know where I can find some sheet steel (read as: wrecked big truck fender) to make it from. I know the truck's being parted out and the fenders are fairly heavy guage steel (aluminum & fiberglas don't rust. :)), I just have to be able to get to it which means calling in a favor or two.

W/E, Glen is right about Dremel's attitude. This saw is way outdated so they don't even acknowledge its existence anymore. The sad part is that it's really a nice piece of machinery that they never replaced with a newer model, much like their wood lathe. I've looked at machines like the Microlux saw (and I have a baby 4" to use until the Dremel's working again) but I can't find anything I'd replace it with. It may not look like much but looks don't get the job done.

On the positive side, third party sources carry the belts, blades and a few other cool things for it so it will continue to live on for quite a while. I have to replace the screw that held the throat plate in place (it came out in pieces) but that's not a major problem and the throat plate and a few other pieces will be part of my rust removal experiment.

Of course, my old cordless Dremel rotary tools will get stripped of their batteries and used as milling attachments later on but that's for another time. :D

Best regards,

Kludge

Latest posts

Back