Coles Power Models

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DLM

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Is Coles Models in Texas still in business i can,t get there web site to come up or they don,t answer there phone.

I suppose now that i am ready to order the Holt castings they will be out of business hope not.

Don

Don, I doubt if Cole's is out of business but then again, it would not surprise me if they were. If I may offer a suggestion to you that will save yourself a lot of grief and aggravation, have Coles physically verify that they indeed have all of the castings in the set in stock and on hand before you commit to your order. Since the outfit is no longer being run by the Coles family there seems to be an ongoing trail of sloppy business practices, such as incomplete sets of castings being shipped and the back orders put into a state of limbo. If you do order them from Coles and find that you are missing some pieces, be prepared to make phone calls on a regular basis (provided they do answer) in an attempt to keep current with the status of the missing pieces. I do not make a habit of spreading negative comments about suppliers as such but after the gyrations and BS I had to go through to get my last casting order filled, I'll make an exception if it prevents anyone else from have to go through that experience. You may be lucky and have a smooth go of it but as they say "caveat emptor" (buyer beware)

BC1
Jim

I called a few weeks ago get one fly wheel measurement before placing an order. The lady that answered didn't seem to know any thing, and said the owner(s) were not around. I asked her if she could get the info I needed from whoever would know and said I would call back the next day. Next day same problem, no info, She couldn't answer a simple question, saying the owner 's wife was supposed to be there, but hasn't show up. A third call on the third day netted zero information again, other than "I can take your order". I said that I needed my question answered Before I could place the order. After a moment of silence, I asked What should I do?, I don't know what to tell you was the response!

After 3 phone calls at my expense, my simple question has not been answered, and the person on the other end never even took down my name or asked for my phone number. I will NOT do business with an outfit that acts clue-less, or just plain doesn't care. I'm done with Coles, and will not re-visit this type of situation, Thank you!

-MB

Latest posts

Back